I am feeling very restless today. I have no idea what is going on in my mind. Not one stable thought, but, a mixture of them, each trying to compete with the other to make their presence felt strongly. Aaargh… Maybe it is just a reminder that life can be a tough task master inspite of being worthfully carved.
- Assumptions can prove to be so fatal. This is something I have learnt after facing the misgivings of “assuming” a few things. Great lesson learnt. It has taught me not to assume but instead ask and clarify.
- The thin line between appearing confident and appearing arrogant. I am super scared when it comes to this. I try not to appear arrogant but it so happens that I still appear a little arrogant when my confidence levels are a little high. I need to work on this pretty soon.
- The need to say “Thank You” and “Sorry”. I believe in this completely. There are times when out of the blue, I tell people thanks and sorry. They think it might be the usual dose of craziness I suffer from sometimes, but, the fact is I can never stop myself from saying the above two words when I really feel like they should be said, even if it is in the middle of the night…I just need to express my gratitude and my apologies when I feel like. Thanks to all those who understand the reason why I do this and sorry to all those who get irritated when I do this.
- Sing even if you don’t know how to sing and dance even if you don’t know how to dance. I was listening to music the other day in the bus while travelling to office and I had such a strong urge to just dance joyfully. I don’t know how to dance nor do I know how to sing. But, when am happy I still sing and dance. It gives me great joy. So what I did was I came back home that day and sang and danced away to glory. Felt awesome. Looking forward to more such times.
- Trust-hmm. I have no idea why we tend to trust people so soon. We just can’t help but trust a few people because they seem so endearing. We make them friends so soon and then tuppp the bubble breaks and we feel like first line idiots. It happens to all of us many a times. But that doesn’t stop us from trusting the others who are genuinely trustworthy. I will leave this topic here since I have nothing more to say about this. I always go by my intuition when it comes to trust and yeah sometimes my intuition does go wrong. But all is well if a lesson is learnt.
- The need to market oneself. It is very important to market yourself, the person you are, the things you do, because, no one knows you better than yourself and the other person will know about all you do only when you market yourself well. Then comes the time to prove your worth. But, before that, you need to market yourself and your skills. That is when you get the opportunity to prove your worth. I guess my marketing skills need much more polishing. I seem to be pretty bad at it. Let me prove it. I keep posting updates about my blog on facebook–my idea of marketing my blog; still, I have only three followers out of the 150 friends I have on facebook. Pretty bad stats. Is it because my blog is so “thoughtless” or is it that my marketing skills are so weak? I need to do something about this very soon. My “to-do” list seems to be getting longer.
- The need to invest to take care of our mind’s well-being. We all invest our finances for our general well-being. I will do that too. But, I feel I need to invest in something else that I know will keep my mind relaxed and peaceful at the end of the day, because, at the end of it, all that we need from life is a life worth living. I have decided to invest a part of my money in books every month so that I can have my own little library at home. Another thing that is on my wishlist is to have a vegetable and fruit garden at home, even if it is on a smaller scale. Hope and pray I can let this happen.
- Memories never fade. I miss a few people very much-Friends, teachers and a few others, in no particular order. I try not to, but, it never happens. I still end up missing them. I wish I could go back to those times whenever needed, to childhood times, school and college days and re-live those moments and cherish them much more than before. There is a song from Lakshya that perfectly suits what am feeling. It goes like this-
Tasveerein si ban jaati hain
Main kaise inhein bhooloon
Dil ko kya samjhaaun